vimeologoFM

Sunday, September 1, 2013

The 1st Outrageous Beauty Contest, Mabuhay Gardens, San Francisco, California, 1978



The video will open in a new window/tab.
You can also download the video here (mp4, 1.9 GB):
https://archive.org/download/thefirstOBR-19781007/thefirstOBR-19781007.mp4

Recorded Saturday, October 7, 1978.

A couple of weeks ago we here discovered in our closet a box filled with reel to reel videos of our performances from the seventies.  We thought they were stolen.  So nobody has watched this for about thirty four years!  we just received this back from the transfer place.

This is the very first OUTRAGEOUS BEAUTY CONTEST which was the seed for the OUTRAGEOUS BEAUTY REVUE [see https://eroplay.com/obr/index.html].  This was supposed to be a one time event.  But we filled the legendary San Francisco punk club the Mabuhay, and the first two rows were photographers!  So during the show, the Mabuhay's manager dirk Dirksen pressured me into announcing I would do a weekly show.

I wanted to do a really outrageous show.  But, although I collected  thousands of dollars in prizes from the bay area stores, etc, I could not get real contestants who would be as outrageous as I wanted.  So I planted members of my troop to up the intensity.  They couldn't win the contest.  See if you can tell which they are!  I think this is one of the most outrageous shows ever!

Visit the website: https://eroplay.com/obr/index.html
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog