vimeologoFM

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Reality Playings - January 30, 2010


The video will open in a new window/tab.
You can also download the video here (mp4, 2.7 GB):
https://archive.org/download/realityplayings-2010-01-30/realityplayings-2010-01-30.mp4

Recorded at Temescal Art Center, Oakland, California.

Oh, another year has begun and another amazing performance starts it! A week ago I had to cancel THE SHAMAN’S DEN because I felt pale shitty physically. I wasn’t that hot this Saturday either. But I hate to cancel! So there I was, just drifting floating on the radiancy music of Tomek. Then people started coming in from their life quests, with their questions, their vague feelings that they had detoured from their childhood passions and hopes and joys. And they started asking! It got deep fast. Me, I was half-baked, running on fumes. But the performances are never about me! So everything read or muttered by me ignited insights in the people who stayed [I don’t know about the people who left]. They started running with these insights on their own! Most of them said they will start doing art that they had stopped doing. They will start because of what they have experienced in the performance. They came up with that on their own! Shit, can an artist ask any more before he admits success? Yes, I take the credit for the success even when I was half-baked and ran out of gas during the jam when everything that had been explored verbally /intellectually was becoming musical /physical. Hey, I am the star!

More: http://www.eroplay.com/Cave/reality_playings/reality_playings_jan10/index.html
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog